As an international student in Canada, you may be able to get a job without a work permit, while you are studying at Post-Secondary Institution.

Working While Studying In Canada

Working while studying in Canada provides International Students with valuable experience, networking opportunities, and extra income for living expenses or leisure activities. However, there are specific regulations governing employment for International Students, depending on whether it’s on or off-campus work.

On-Campus Work:

International Students with a valid Canadian Study Permit are eligible to work on their school’s campus. This includes positions such as teaching or research assistants, faculty members, or employees of private businesses operating on campus.

Off-Campus Work:

International Students with a valid Canadian Study Permit are, generally, allowed to work off-campus, up to 20 hours per week during regular school terms/semesters and have the option to work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as winter or summer holidays.


The Co-op/Internship Work Permit Program is designed to allows International Students to integrate their employment with their Canadian academic program. This program allows students to work for up to 50% of their program’s duration, gaining practical experience related to their field of study.


If you don’t find what you are looking for or need more information about our services, don’t hesitate to get in touch today!